BIRTHING THE CULTURE
I am a WHOLE mood and your birth + postpartum period, should be too. I am on a mission to continue to educate, support and show up for BIPOC birthing folx, every single day. To make safe birthing options accessible to the BIPOC community. Book a consultation today to learn more.
What is a doula?
- A doula is a person hired to provide guidance and support to a birthing person in labor.
A doula is NOT a midwife.
A doula is NOT medical.
A doula is NOT catching your baby. (Your midwife or OB don't have to do that either)
Birth Doula Support Package Includes:
– Two 1-2 Hour Prenatal Visits
– Help With Writing A Birth Plan
– I Will Be On-Call 24/7 starting at 37 Weeks Until After Your Birth
– In-Person Support During Your Birthing Time
– Option To Share Your Birth + Birth Story On Mamas In Color Platform
– One Postpartum Meeting
– 24/7 Phone & Text Support To Include the 6 Week Postpartum Period
Postpartum Package Includes:
– Breast/Body Feeding + Latch & Positioning Help
– Diapering + Baby & Sibling Care
– Light Housekeeping + Meal Prep
– Resources + Referrals (i.e. massage, support groups, chiropractors, mental health, etc.)
– Judgement Free Support for Family
– Help With Laundry + Quick Errands
– Care for Baby While Parents/Caregivers Shower, Nap or Spend Alone Time w/ One Another or Older Child/ren
– Assist With Babywearing
Virtual Support Services Include:
– Two 1 Hour Prenatal Virtual Appts.
– One Postpartum Virtual Appt. (W/ Option To Change To In Person As Long As Previously Discussed)
– Phone/Text/Video Chat During Birthing Time Per Birthing Person’s Request And Comfortability
– Birthing Person + Partner/Family Will Receive Evidence Based Education Surrounding Their Birthing Options And Support.
– 24/7 Phone/Text Support to Include the 6 Weeks Postpartum Period